The 2019 Global English Education China Assembly will be held in Hangzhou, China on 25-28 July 2019. Organized by China Daily in partnership with Hangzhou Municipal Government, Shanghai International Studies University, the National Association of Foreign Language Education, Chinese Education Society and TESOL International Association, the 2019 Global English Education China Assembly is a high-level international English Language Teaching (ELT) event in China. It aims to promote scholarship and cross-cultural understanding among English educators in China, and to enhance dialogue between China’s ELT professionals and their peers worldwide.
The Assembly will have twelve strands across a variety of keynote speeches, features, panels, workshops and demonstrations. Through face-to-face interaction between leading experts and opportunities for peer-to-peer networking and knowledge sharing, the assembly will provide participants with practical, research-based ideas, strategies, and tools to facilitate on-going improvement to their ELT work.
- Key Competencies Education
- Professional Development of Teachers in the Age of Intelligent Education
- AI and Foreign Language Teaching
- Reading and Literacy
- Content & Language Integrated Learning
- Task-based Language Teaching
- Testing and Assessment
- English Language Teaching of Young Learners
- College English Education
- English Education in Rural Areas
- Public Speaking and Oral English Teaching
- International Education and Global Exchange
In addition to speeches and presentations, the Assembly will also have a language exhibition in which some 50 ELT organizations from both home and abroad will take part. For more information, please visit the official website at tesol.i21st.cn